Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A little catching up on the first weekend and a small rant on homework

I swear that the homework rant is rather painless. It isn't really like I have more homework than in France. Rather I have more of a social life. Between more socializing and just as much homework, I'll have to get my act together and keep on this blog bit!

I miss Pride and Prejudice. It is Wurthing Heights week and my greatest praise after analyzing the living daylights out of that book is that Heathcliff just finally died. I wish I could say I admired is "devotion" and "passion" for Katherine but no, just no.That is over-simplifing the story to almost a criminal level.

Yet again, I rant.

A far, far, more pleasant report is York and Edinburgh this weekend. I stayed in York for Friday and Edinburgh for Saturday and Sunday- Sunday night returning to Harlaxton.

York is quaint, charming, and just pleasant. I have nothing bad to say about this city and think that this place can easily be covered in a day.


If you can, I highly recommend walking the entire wall around York. It was part of the towns protection and now continues to be regularly stormed by English families on holiday.

The shops and streets are destinations in themselves, especially walking by guys like this.


I fell in love with Edinburgh. I love how the streets and buildings are connected together like the mind of a mad man in the Old Town. I love the bohemian allure with art gallery, independent bookstores, tattoo shops, and street artists. I think every traveler should find a foreign city to truly, truly love and yearn to go back to and that for me is Edinburgh.



My proud souvenir form this trip is a red lambswool, Scottish-made sweater. Lovely, warm I will need it for the remainder of this trip.

I'm off to Lincoln in ten minutes and this weekend, I guarantee nothing but Liverpool to visit. Check back later (sooner than last time I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment